St. Christina at a Glance
St. Christina School is a vital part of the larger St. Christina Parish community located in the Mount Greenwood neighborhood in the City of Chicago. The school was originally located at 111th & Central Park and was staffed by Mother Geslaus and her fellow Dominican sisters in 1938. Opening enrollment for the school at that time was 173 students.
Today, we continue our mission as a parish school, but we certainly have grown over the years.
Student Body: The 2015-2016 school year opened with 466 students in pre-kindergarten through eighth grade.
Class Size: On average, each grade has approximately 27 students with mostly two homerooms of each grade. Because of our smaller class sizes, our student-teacher ratio is 17:1.
Number of faculty and staff: We have 25 teachers and 5 teacher aides on staff.
Percent of Faculty with advanced degrees or certification: 32%
School day hours for K-8: 7:40 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Before and After Care: Students are welcome to come to campus as early as 6:30 a.m. each morning where they will be monitored by faculty and staff before the school day begins. Additionally, many students stay on campus after dismissal for after care until 5:30 p.m. or until after their last after school activity. Students signed-up for after care pay an additional fee.
Uniforms: Students wear a required uniform each day as outlined in our student handbook. There are some special out of uniform days announced each year. Uniforms can be purchased through vendors such as: School Are Us and Schoolbelles.
School colors: Red and white
School mascot: Cardinal